I know that it’s not pumpkin season, but it certainly is egg season! Our chickens are giving us abundance of eggs – we’re getting almost a dozen a day – so I’ve been making everything egg. These pumpkin bars are kid friendly (even my pickiest eater loves them!), are easy to make in the pan (no extra dirty dishes), and are really healthy! These bars can be for breakfast, snack, or even a dessert!
Do these taste exactly like pumpkin pie? No. They kind of taste like a cross between pumpkin pie and french toast. If you add homemade whipped cream to the top, they will definitely taste more like pumpkin pie though! They’ll easily pass for a (good for you) dessert if you need them to, but they’re healthy enough that you can feel good about your kids eating the entire pan… which they will.
Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe
*You can easily cut this recipe in half*
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (one 15 oz. can)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 4 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- optional: add homemade whipped cream if you want them to be more of a dessert than a breakfast/snack
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Crack your eggs into your 9×13 baking dish (seriously… don’t get out another bowl to mix – just use your baking dish). Mix the eggs with a fork.
- Mix in the pureed pumpkin.
- Melt the butter (or coconut oil) and stir into mixture.
- Add in vanilla and stir.
- Mix in cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make sure you let the bars cool before you cut them! Store them in a covered dish in the fridge… if you have any leftovers. ;)