Boys Will Be Boys: Cloth Light Saber Tutorial
It’s another day of our gift series, Boys Will Be Boys, so Handmake Their Toys!
Today’s tutorial is sure to win over the hearts of any boy who has a love for Star Wars. Or turning things into a weapon.
And for you, the lovely handmade gift maker? An easy sew, but one that your littles will love. And one that won’t actually hurt when they fight with each other. [not that my littles ever do that… *ahem*]
- Fabric with little to no stretch
- Sewing Machine
1. Cut rectangle on the fold, approximately 18in x 2.5in (when folded).
2. Cut a second rectangle on the fold, approximately 7in. x 2.5in. (when folded)
3. Unfold and zig-zag the short end of the two pieces of fabric, right sides together.
4. Fold the fabric again and zig-zag along the top edge and the open side.
5. Turn right-side out and stuff with poly-fil. You want it to be pretty well-stuffed, so that the light saber will actually hold up and not flop over. [that’s also why it’s best to use a fabric with little stretch – it will be much better for light saber fights]
6. Hand-sew the bottom of the light saber closed.
And now your boys have some safe, fun light sabers… that took you almost no time to create!
Now get yourself over to Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy to check out the super fun shop she’s featuring. And she has an amazing giveaway of a set of these:
And the Fabric Fairy giveaway from yesterday is still open, so be sure to enter if you haven’t already!