This is the time of the year when all I want to do is eat fresh foods from the garden. I don’t want to spend lots of time in the kitchen making complicated meals, especially ones that heat up the house, so I’m all about the fresh, easy recipes. This feta bruschetta dip recipe seriously takes just five minutes to put together and is a great addition to any potluck or party. Or just eat it for lunch like I did today! ;)
This recipe is SO simple that I feel like I can barely call it a recipe. It’s easily modified if you want to swap out or add other ingredients too.
- 2-3 medium sized tomatoes
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 10ish fresh basil leaves (while you can use dried, it is MUCH better with fresh)
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 green onions (the green onions will give you a milder flavor)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- Bread, crackers, or tortilla chips for dipping
How to make:
- Chop the tomatoes, basil, and garlic (you can substitute green onions for garlic if you are looking for a milder flavor or don’t like raw garlic)
- Mix together with the feta cheese
- Drizzle olive oil over top and stir.
- Add salt to taste and stir again.
Variation: You can also try a variation by adding cucumbers or green/red peppers to give it a different flavor – or to use whatever you have coming up in your garden right now!
That’s it! Sooo easy, right?
This dip can be served with tortilla chips, a crusty bread like a bruschetta typically is served, or even eaten on a tortilla for lunch! I love how fresh this tastes and how quickly it comes together.
Watch the video below to see the quick recipe in action!
Now I’m off to grab more basil from the garden and make another batch of this yumminess!