If you ask me, garden season should be an official season. Fresh foods have the best flavors and make the best recipes! This quick oven roasted mozzarella tomato recipe makes the perfect summer appetizer or even a light lunch. Grab some basil and tomatoes from the garden and you can be eating these in 15 minutes!
- 4 medium tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- granulated garlic
- olive oil
Recipe Prep Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F
2. Slice tomatoes thickly and place on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
3. Slice or shred mozzarella and place on top of each tomato.
4. Sprinkle granulated garlic on top of the cheese.
5. Sprinkle fresh basil onto each tomato.
6. Drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake for 8 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes to brown the cheese slightly.
Serve immediately on its own or make into a sandwich with a bagel or nice piece of sourdough bread. This recipe also tastes amazing with an over easy egg, either as a sandwich or just on top of the egg. Bonus points if your eggs come from the backyard. ;)
Serve this recipe at your next dinner party or make for your family as a healthy snack. My kids love these! The ones that like tomatoes, anyway. ;)
You might also like:
Looking for more delicious and healthy recipes? You can find more recipes HERE.