Snake Stuffed Animal: Free Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
Welcome back to day three of the Handmade Gifts for Boys series! Awhile back, my six-year-old saw a stuffed snake toy at the zoo, and he cannot stop talking about it. He has been begging me to make one for him. So today I have a free pattern for a snake stuffed animal, so you can make one too!
- knit fabric
- embroidery thread
1. Embroider eyes onto the snake’s face.
2. If you want to, embroider a design on the snake’s back.
3. Put the top and bottom pieces right sides together and sew. Repeat with the snake’s belly
4. Put the tongue on top of the snake’s face, right side facing the eyes.
5. Put the top and the belly right sides together.
6. Sew along the outsides, leaving an opening in the center of the snake.
7. Stuff with polyfill and use a blind stitch to close the opening.
I can’t handle how adorable this snake is! My little guy is going to love it! The fleece makes it so snuggly.
Good job! I’m going to use this tutorial for a Halloween costume!
I would love to see how it turned out!