For years I couldn’t get my kids to eat rice. I love rice, so this bummed me out! I mean, who doesn’t like rice?? But then one day, I made cilantro lime rice, and they were in love! So now cilantro lime rice is a staple in our house, and when I use the Instant Pot to make it, it’s so simple, and basically fail-proof.
- Equal parts rice and water (ex: 2 cups rice, 2 cups water)
- Green onions
- Lime vitality oil or Lime juice
- salt and butter (optional)
The recipe is so simple, it almost doesn’t qualify as a recipe.
1. Put equal parts water and rice in the Instant Pot. We tend to do 3 cups rice, 3 cups water. (Then we use the rice for leftovers and other meals)
**Note: If you don’t have an Instant Pot, just follow the instructions for cooking rice in your rice cooker or stovetop — the rice to water ratio will be different!
2. Cook on Manual for 4 minutes.
3. Release pressure when finished – you can slow release for a bit, but I find the texture is best when I quick release within a few minutes.
4. Finely chop and add cilantro and green onions. I don’t measure this – I do several green onions and a large handful of cilantro. Use more or less to your liking.
5. Add 1/2-1 Tablespoon of butter and 1-2tsp of salt to taste. Mix.
6. Add 4-6 drops of Lime vitality oil or squeeze half a lime. We really like the lime flavor, so if you’re not sure, start low and add more later.
Mix it all together and serve! So simple.
Cilantro lime rice is the perfect addition to taco night, stir fry veggies, or even just add a fried egg on top! It reheats well, so make extra so you can eat it all week.