Cranberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
My kids are cereal lovers when it comes to breakfast – a habit that began when they were little and I was in the depths of having babies (because there is no shame in easy breakfasts when you’re not sleeping at night!). Unfortunately, cereal isn’t a very healthy breakfast, and the ones that are better for you are also more expensive! So I’ve been trying to steer our family away from cereals with some pre-made breakfasts that still don’t require me to get up early to help them. ;) That’s where this cranberry oatmeal bar recipe came from – my need for a filling, healthy, inexpensive breakfast. These are quick to make the night before or make for a great snack too.
You could very easily alter this recipe if you don’t like or have cranberries. You could try raisins, chocolate chips, any other dried fruit, or walnuts.
- 4 cup organic rolled oats (I purchase mine HERE)
- 2/3 cups coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups milk (works well with a dairy substitute like oat milk)
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons melted coconut or olive oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries (I prefer to buy THESE which are sweetened with apple juice)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix dry ingredients (oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon)
- Add in wet ingredients (milk, eggs, oil, vanilla)
- Pour batter into a 9×13 pan (you can use a smaller pan, but your bars would be thicker and your bake time may increase).
- Add dried cranberries on top.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
These bars are SO yummy and work great for an easy breakfast or a snack. The ingredients are simple, easy to modify, and healthy! It makes a great breakfast cereal alternative.
Let me know if you try the recipe, I’d love to hear how you like it.